Sea Foam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikey1273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Throwing ATF in the crankcase or gas tank(makes a great octane booster) is a tried and true method for carbed engines.Do not use on newer FI engines as it will destroy the fuel system since ATF softens rubber and there's alot of rubber o-rings in your fuel system in a FI engine,same goes for acetone.

Oh and misting water from a spray bottle into a running engine with either a crab or FI does wonders also,works better with windshield washer fliud though and don't use to much,just mist in.

There used to be an old fellow that always had a stand at the county fair every year. he sold this device he made with a rubbermade bottle and some tubing that would be connected to the cars vaccum system in such a way that it made a mist of the solution of windshield washer fluid and Isopropyl alcohol that got sucked in to the intake. He claimed your car would run smoother and use less fuel. I tried it on my carbed Isuzu I-mark and it did run smoother after only a day and from then on untill the bottle cracked from heat under the hood. after that I disconected it.

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can suck about a half can in through the vas hose going to the brake booster to stall the engine, let it sit and work and then restart
Makes a good mixer for 7 UP as well
last part was to see if you were paying attention

Oh, I was told to make sure it didn't stall... does it matter?
Dunno bout 7up but it's awful in ginger ale

|V3nom|

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its probably best not to stall it but you dont want to rev it up high or drive it hard until the smoke is finished. ive heard that the oil doesnt lubricate as well while its smoking.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have mostly used it as a tank additive. Burn about half can in 1 tank every 4 months or so. Started using about 1 year ago and dropped my idle a couple hundred rpms back to ~600 - 700 when hot.

runs smoother too.