scg beyond clay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone used SCG's Beyond clay? it looks like a paint cleansing lotion to me but im not sure if thats all it is or if its supposed to be a polish as well, any opinions on it?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
As much as I like the SCG stuff, I just don't think that a liquid can take place of a real clay bar, as it can't pull stuff out of the paint. Should work great as a paint cleaner/polish after using a real clay bar though.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was thinking the same thing but ive looked at paint cleaners online and i really dont know what the point would be if youve already clayed but i figured id throw up a thread to see what the stuff is like, im thinking its just a kind of medium between regular washing and a 1,2,3 detail as clay does take a while lol

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Dead thread I know, but I tried it as it was on sale for $7 so I had to try it. I think it's a great product if you've already clayed previously. If your KJ has never been clayed before, then maybe not. But my finish was feeling a bit rough and this made it feel just as smooth as a clay bar used to. So I'd recommend it if you've clayed within the past year or so. Works great as a polish/light compound so I'd still even use it for that.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i already picked up a nanoskin wash mitt, clayed the entire jeep in under 15 minutes, i also have finish kare soil and coating remover (nasty stuff but works great). thanks for the update HJ.