Scan gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What does it do? Thinking about getting one or a magic 8 ball.

Conundrum2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those gauges are pretty cool. Almost got one for the truck but it's mileage ***** so bad it wasn't worth keeping track of.

I have a Bluetooth obd II reader with a app on my phone, seriously cool data but I noticed the car I was using it on had some sort of setting with how the engine ran when a scanner was plugged in. Thought it ran better unplugged so I left it alone. Who knows maybe it was a vw emission test cheat or something.

If you do get a scanguage I'm curious how well it works, it looks damn cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been running a scan gauge for 10 years at east now, wouldn't be without it
i mainly run water temp, charging , intake air etc depends on trip, if pulling trailers etc what I run

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, what kind of data does it give you? Any ability to change anything? I'm mainly interested in trans temp.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trans temp isn't reportable i believe because of the sensor. I can check mine but my Scion's got a manual.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the elm 327 and the dash command app. Gives temp voltage intake temp and a few other things i dont use.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In order for you to be able to read the transmission temperature you either need to add a aftermarket temperature sender and gauge or just invest several thousands of dollars to buy a DRBIII.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I have the Garmin Mechanic. If I did not have the Garmin GPS I would get a Scan Gauge in a minute. It's very nice to be able to easily monitor the extra stuff and I like knowing my exact coolant temp, etc, and not just that a needle gauge appears to be in the center and never moves until it's pretty much too late.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Something about the CRD makes Scangauge forget the setup info after the jeep shuts off.

I read an explanation and got totally LOST.

VAPoorBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scan Gauge in my Chevy for years but have Ultra Gauge in the Libby. Both work great and help to keep an eye on stuff you don't normally see.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had a scan gauge in my KJ almost since new. Works great as others have said. It is just sitting on the dash and stays put. I have taken it out and put in another car for a couple of days, then back in the jeep. Just plugs in the OBD II port of any vehicle.

Dave