Saw strange libby in the wild... thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This weekend while driving my happy self southbound on the I5 I sore a libby with a very odd configuration and color scheme, and it looked stock-- or 'factory'. It was a white libby, I believe in the 02-04 range (I don't recall the 05-07 style marker lights) with POWDER BLUE Renegade style fender flares (rivets and all). Frankly, I found the color combo to be on the ugyly side, but it did catch my eye because it was so rare.

Is there a "Coocoo Bananas Edition Liberty" out there of which I'm unaware?

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Poor repair job?

I'd certainly buy that as a possibility. But was there a blue libby with Renegade style flares? If I'm right, and the flares were factory color, then they would have had to pull the flares AND bumpers (I didn't mention bumper in my OP) from a blue renny style libby.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm torn, but I'm leaning towad the My Little Pony edition. Papa Smurf edition was a good followup, though.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 02-04 Rene's didn't come in blue IIRC...

I think I've only seen dark Green, silver and Black Rene's for those years.

Blue fenders with white body. I thought of state puff marshmallow man's hat to be honest when i read that lol

Maybe the driver is color blind and thought the blue was black. Now that would look better.