Rusty's Diff Skidplate; Will it work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

autoboy454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so any 8.25 cover should work so long as my KJ has the 8.25 axle (which it does :) )

autoboy454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that was my thought. I just did my rear diff fluid, so it'd probably be as easy as unbolting the bottom 5 bolts slapping it on and torquing it down. If I'm lucky I won't lose any fluid :) I think I might order this in the next couple of days.

Boiler

Reaction score
I wouldn't use it. Just seems like more trouble than its worth, I'd think it would collect mud/water/debris in there, and could even lead to rust if trapped. For 60 bucks I'd just move up to a full, heavy, aftermarket diff cover like the riddler or rockcrusher. I've seen them on sale at times for under $100 I think. I went with the Riddler because its built like a tank, lipless, and looks cool.

http://www.rokmen.com/tj_products/d.../riddler_diff_covers/riddler_diff_covers.html
http://www.4x4groupbuy.com/store/riddler-manufacturing-chrysler-diff-cover-p-9647.html

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Where were you when I had a Ruffstuff diff cover for sale last week for 70 bucks:D
I would wait and buy a full cover lots stronger and I agree with Boiler :eek: :)stuff would get down in there and make a mess

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you can see there are holes next to the bolt holes.

Then again, this compromises strength, SOOOOOOOOOO....

so what?
I tried a HD cover and it was eating a hole in my fuel tank skid
I now run the OE cover and keep a good helping of JB weld and a bottle
of gear oil in the Jeep
also much cheeper than the HD cover
and considering what I have put the OE cover through with only some minor
scrapes on the bottom I am not to worried

oh wait
ban TBJ he said something that made me butthurt

Latest posts

Members online