Rusty's 2.5" Strut Spacer Lift Kit Tire Clearance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
I have an 05 Renegade and have been looking at the popular 2.5" Strut Spacer Lift Kit by Rusty's and noticed that it says the lift allows clearance for 31" tires, but on most the kits I've seen installed on here guy's have been running like 245's and I was wondering if the kit doesn't really allow that much clearance or if it was just a preference of running the smaller tires.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stay FAR, FAR, FAR, FAR, FAR away from that lift!! It will blow your struts and basically destroy your front suspension and ball joints. Just get some OME HD springs and Rancho shocks and struts. For bumpstops, I used 2 hockey pucks in the rear, drilled a hole in the spring perch used a bolt and nut. For the front, teraflex bump stops: http://www.trailquest.com/teraflex/KJ/suspension.shtml#bumpstop

For additional lift, you can do a clevis lift in the front and add a rear upper isolator pad in the rear.

Good luck!! :)