running amp power wire HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where have you guys run your amp power wire? I had mine going around my door seal which obviously breaks the seal. and that was fine until summer hit. FL summers means rain lots of it and all at once. So every time it rains my whole drivers side floor is flooded. does anyone know where an easy place to run this wire is? please LMK. Thank you in advance for advice

tumanator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That same plug the clutch goes into is also on the passenger side, just pull out the rubber plug (I used a gasket and silicon sealant then ran 4ga wire through it) If you pull all that carpet back you can follow the wiring harness under the seat then run it through the door sills to the back. I think i may have a pic or two of how I did mine if you want?

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That same plug the clutch goes into is also on the passenger side, just pull out the rubber plug (I used a gasket and silicon sealant then ran 4ga wire through it) If you pull all that carpet back you can follow the wiring harness under the seat then run it through the door sills to the back. I think i may have a pic or two of how I did mine if you want?

Its alright. I got it done the day I posted that. Thanks though :D

mikey1273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for posting this I was digging into My CRD looking for a place to wire the power cable for a Powered Sub woofer I'm planning to install.

I found another option that will work at least for the CRD. If you look in the engine compartment to the left of the Fuel manager and down a little is a small rubber plug that the other side of is several inches above the accelerator pedal in the inside. This is probably where the throttle cable is on the Gasser model but the CRD is drive by wire so the opening is unused, its very close to the center stack and center console where I want to run my wires through to the under seat mount point of the compact sub woofer. I may use that location.