RRO Rockfather Deluxe lift. Anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRD Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im trying to decide on a lift kit for my CRD. Today I met a gent here in the Phoenix area running a RRO Rock Father Deluxe kit on his CRD. The truck looked fantastic. It sat very tall and level. He told me he installed it himself and has had zero problems for some time.

So, I thought Id ask whether anyone else here is running one and what they thought of it. I know the negative issues some people have had with them. Im mostly interested in the kit itself, not the customer service issues with them.

Thanks.

Tom

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lift itself is average - depending on what's in the kit it may work well or sag in a short amount of time.

The customer service IS the issue. There have been several members on here whose credit cards have been charged but no kit was shipped. Took many threats to get a refund. Hoosier's link to the other post is a pretty good synopsis of the types of problems with RRO. The original poster got crap parts in his kit that cost him an additional $500. By the time he paid everything he could have purchased a pre-assembled Frankenlift.

As Hoosier said, OME and Bilstein lifts are proven and LOTS of support here and the other retailers who sell them.

Bob

CRD Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How was I supposed to know Hoosier posted a link? There is no indication that his writing is anything but text.

Ill read it now. Thank you.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
When choosing a lift for our Liberty I studied every lift available on the market and asked many questions like you are doing now.
I also sent multiple emails to companies asking the specific questions that I wanted more technical information on. It was here that customer service did play a huge factor in deciding which kit to buy.
Both kits were comparable in price and individual components.
I liked the fact that the Frankenlift used "Name brand" rear shocks and springs and not some cheap no name in house product.
For that reason I chose the Frankenlift.

If you can live with the fact some companies don't offer a high level of customer service and take their time filling orders in exchange for a lower price then by all means go with their product.
But if you want a quality lift kit that works and that is easy to install and doesn't have fitment issues with certain parts then go with the other company.

At the end of the day it's your choice and your money.

Aaron2345

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed my rockfather 2 kit (comes with rear springs and shocks and front shock and spring to build the fronts yourself). It took 3 months to receive the kit. And that's after multiple phone calls and even changing the front shocks to kyb. The rears went in fine but the front is the issue. They send the right amount of bushings but the washers aren't up to par. They are cheap flimsy garbage. It cost me another 520 at STS to have the front dissasembled and reassembled (including alignment). I was in need of a new suspension anyway and wanted a lift kit. So if you "need" your shit right away don't count on rro. After those few phone calls and after I received the kit I finally talked to a guy named Matt. This guy knows his shit. So when you call. Just ask for him lol

Aaron2345

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also be prepared to change your lower control arms. Mine were and still are used to the 126xxx mile springs. Now that everything's tight again the bushings are basically breaking aPart and disintegrating lol. So don't be surprised if other projects arise from the lift being installed.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just thought of something...

Does the RRO come with the OME 927 front springs or the OME 790's? If it's the 927's those are for the gassers and not the CRD - and the 927's will sag pretty quickly due to the weight of the CRD diesel.

Double-check that the 790's are in the RRO kit.

Bob

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I probably wouldn't assume that the diesel version has 790s, it should but that I'd check x2.

Stock crd springs are near same spring rate as the 927, ie within 10 lbs/inch. If you have weight added up front 790s would be preferred by miles for the CRD.