RRO ovet the top plates OTTs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok been thinking of front lift options and the best way to leave room to add a front ARB ,wench or just to bring it back up to lifted height after settling in. Seems that if you used the RRO Over The Top front shock mounts with the OME lift that as you added weight to the front end you would be able to adjust it with a clevis lift. Also they would keep the front shocks in the optimum range. But if you used the top plates and a clevis lift you would have no other option but to change the springs if you added any weight on the front. Now I know the isues with RRO but thats not the point and there not the only people who can weld. Has anyone tryed this and what are the thoughts out there.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Explain the difference you think there is between the RRO and just using a top plate and clevis

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
PLUS if you add a lot of weight nothing else can or would be better than heavier springs

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The RRO over the top plate is a top plate mount not any thing like a 1/4” or 3/8” shim its a hole new mount for the top of the spring and shock and gives almost 2” lift in it's self. Don't know how new it is but it says its new. Check it out sorry can't post it using my phone. So using that would leave lots of room to play with the clevis. Now I will agree with you Tom more weight correct spring but some people run a ARB without the CRD spring. Ry I just like the idea of keeping more shock on the clevis and still.have room to play. Also the 927 will hold more weight than a OEM. This might be bettet then 970s till after a person could get a bumper a wench and all the goods $ than add the 970s. But that is why I was asking for your thoughts, ideas or if any one has even used the OVER THE TOP PLATES. Thats all.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a set of the RROs top plate whatever its called that was given to me in 05 so its not new by any means. They make great doorstops
NOW onto if it would work, simple answer is no, would provide too much lift combined with OME 927s say. IF they do provide 2 inches of lift combined with new 927s I think it would be too much.
Next if you use them on used springs that already sagged it would be a bandaid on a broken leg.
I know they use them/ sell them and suppose to be the best etc but .....

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any lift on on baged out springs is like using a roll of tp as post-its. Thanks for your thoughts thats how we learn, by asking. Seems like it would be a little to hi but don't realy buy in to RRO so don't know if 2” is really true. It's just the concept I'm interested in sorta like a cheep JBA ajustable at home.

Members online

No members online now.