Roof rail removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, probably a stupid question...

Anyone here removed the roof rails from their KJ? Eyeballing mine, I don't think I'll clear the garage door if I put a mild lift on. They aren't very useful, either, and I'm not sure I like how they look.

It looks like it's a simple unbolt and removal, but that leaves you with a pair of holes in the roof trim.

If anyone has done this, can you confirm that the following parts will fill it in?
  • #57010239AD - Delete Roof Rack. MOLDING. Roof. Left
  • #57010238AD - Delete Roof Rack. MOLDING. Roof. Right

How are those installed, anyway? Just body adhesive, or is their a clip?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
How high is your garage door, if regular 7 foot or so no problem, I can ( well could) go in with 1/2 inch to spare with over 4 inches of lift/ 32s and RL roof basket

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How high is your garage door, if regular 7 foot or so no problem, I can ( well could) go in with 1/2 inch to spare with over 4 inches of lift/ 32s and RL roof basket

I'll have to check it when I get home. Actually, I need to get the door replaced, so maybe I'll wait and check it once I do that.

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removal isn't difficult at all. On both ends, just pry off the plastic cover to expose the bolts attaching the rails to the roof.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
necro thread!

What are people doing to cover the openings if they do a full on rail delete?

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but a rubber O ring around the original bolt screwed back in place with moderate torque to keep it from breaking would seal it up nicely. Or, a dab of silicone gasket sealer?

Bob