Roof Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the thought crossed my mind that it would be really cool to put some fog lights on my roof basket. Then I checked a few YouTube videos on it and one of the videos said to check with your state to find out what the laws are. So I did and it seems that in Maryland you're limited to no lights higher than 42" from the ground for highway usage. And they need to be covered up if they are on the vehicle and over that height. That's a drag.

Dan

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Just buy lamps with covers. Hella 500's come with them
Also, you want driving lamps not fog lamps if you were to mount them up on the roof.
Fog lamps are to be mounted below the centre line height of the head lamps in order to give you the full benefit of the fog lamps light beam pattern.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the thought crossed my mind that it would be really cool to put some fog lights on my roof basket. Then I checked a few YouTube videos on it and one of the videos said to check with your state to find out what the laws are. So I did and it seems that in Maryland you're limited to no lights higher than 42" from the ground for highway usage. And they need to be covered up if they are on the vehicle and over that height. That's a drag.

Dan

That actually sounds prety standard in most states. My friend got pulled over for his, but only because he had them on.