rocker rusted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktmmark

Reaction score
Well I have had my jeep less than a week and this weekend I will be cutting out the rockers and fitting 6x4 box section as I hate rust so must be 100% cut out.do they rust out undre the plastic wheel flares or will they be ok.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I have had my jeep less than a week and this weekend I will be cutting out the rockers and fitting 6x4 box section as I hate rust so must be 100% cut out.do they rust out undre the plastic wheel flares or will they be ok.
Anything / any vehicle will rust if not taken care of and washed on a regular basis .
Normally no rust under the plastic wheel flares

ktmmark

Reaction score
Think every kj will suffer this rust in time the car is mint not even a stone chip but the rockers have been eaten away at the rear from inside first you see is small blisters.
Will take pictures and post when done

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think every kj will suffer this rust in time the car is mint not even a stone chip but the rockers have been eaten away at the rear from inside first you see is small blisters.
Will take pictures and post when done
No rust here and mines a '02,wash it every sunday regardless of the weather and pay more attention to the underside then the shiny painted parts.