Right then,between February and March...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
...I have about US $850.00 to buy new suspension components,
With 172000 Km on the odometer, the stock suspension is pretty much ready to be retired (The front struts bottom out and the rear "Shocks" also make the back end sag down when pulling a trailer and other wise "hop" when you dont expect them too.)
ie. struts, rear dampers, coil springs, and all additional parts to make for a complete set up.
Needs too be heavy duty for the addition of a winch.
I'd definitively want the Old Man Emu coils, but what more should I consider?
2.5 inch lift would be nice!
Frankenlift? etc.
I have a pretty good idea, but I'd like feed back from all the others on this site.

Last edited:

snowsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want a simple, problem-free lift just do the OME HD. You won't regret it for sure. The ride/handling are excellent.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
If you want a simple, problem-free lift just do the OME HD. You won't regret it for sure. The ride/handling are excellent.

Yup, thats what I'm thinking. A replacement for the worn out OEM parts and something that will give me a bit of gain lift wise. I'm not even looking to go to larger tires.
Thanks so far.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I am sure you are like me, you do not replace parts just to lift or use lower quality parts, when I do something I want the parts to be a upgrade from what I have, so with that OMEs yes, if a bumper/winch later then Heavy Dutys for sure

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
I am sure you are like me, you do not replace parts just to lift or use lower quality parts, when I do something I want the parts to be a upgrade from what I have, so with that OMEs yes, if a bumper/winch later then Heavy Dutys for sure

My thoughts as well!
I'll be purchasing the heavy duty coils as I already have a winch which weighs in at 87 lbs.
Then probably a backbone winch mount as they weigh in at 38 lbs.
Although, a complete new ARB/or other make of bumper offers more front impact protection, jacking points, lamp mounting points, etc. But does weigh in the neighborhood of 120 lbs. or more?
Either way I'm adding 125 to 200 plus pounds to the front end.

Cheers
Ry'

Last edited:

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I think this summer it will be time for my fresh new upgrade. You'll probably be done with your ARB by then to huh!?! :)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I think this summer it will be time for my fresh new upgrade. You'll probably be done with your ARB by then to huh!?! :)

Phil, how long are you going to be dreaming about my ARB?? :D:D:D
Have to make a trip up just so you can look at it !!!!;)
Tom