Reverse light switch replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TayJeep

Reaction score
my 06 automatic liberty that I purchased doesn't have reverse lights. The brake lights work and I believe the fuse is for both so it couldnt be the fuse. I would like to replace the reverse light switch but can seem to find any how too or info on how to do it. Could someone point me in the right direction please? Also, if I am mistaken that the brake lights and reverse lights are on the same fuse please let me know. I downloaded an owners manual and that is what it says so I am assuming it is correct. Thanks

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, I put them in the brake light and they worked fine
Does not say much since they are different bulbs between the reverse bulbs and the brake bulbs.

Could be bad bulb holders,pretty common.

As far as the reverse switch(for auto trans) it's part of a solenoid pack inside the trans,above the valve body, and not serviced separately.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can probably test the reverse bulb holder with a multimeter to make sure it works like what tjkj2002 mentioned..