Request info re my KJ, 15" wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtbskierkj

Reaction score
Hello all, I am going to have a 2 1/2 inch suspension lift installed on my 2007 Liberty. I would like to put 31 x 10 1/2 inch tires on it. Can I put 15" rims? I plan on putting black steel rims on it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello all, I am going to have a 2 1/2 inch suspension lift installed on my 2007 Liberty. I would like to put 31 x 10 1/2 inch tires on it. Can I put 15" rims? I plan on putting black steel rims on it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

I run Soft 8's on mine with the same tire size you want, mine are 15x8 with 4" BS. I run the Cragar rims because I know that 15" rim will squeak by the caliper and not rub. Cragar Soft 8's are nice and cheap too at $39/rim. :D

What wheels are you planning on getting? The D Windows look good too.

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running Cragar Black D's in a 15x7 with 4" BS. Ran 31x10.50's for a while. Now running 32x11.50 on the same rim. Pretty much any steel 15" rim will work. If you go alloy wheels, you need to move to 16" to clear the calipers.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alot of libertys came with 15" steel wheels when new with no lift. So its more like lift+backspace+ tire size = ? clearence.

jguthrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NM, Found your pics!

I am running Cragar Black D's in a 15x7 with 4" BS. Ran 31x10.50's for a while. Now running 32x11.50 on the same rim. Pretty much any steel 15" rim will work. If you go alloy wheels, you need to move to 16" to clear the calipers.

Are the tires in your signature picture the 10.50 or 11.50? I am probably going to copy yours as it looks almost perfect other than you never seem to upload any bigger pictures.... HINT!

Off the top of your head, do you know the overall diameter of those two tires (10.50 and 11.50) that you used?

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Alot of libertys came with 15" steel wheels when new with no lift. So its more like lift+backspace+ tire size = ? clearence.

No Liberty's came with 15 inch steel wheels when new sorry
Also a lot has to do with type of lift. What are you getting, some advertise 2.5 inches but that is not what you get in the end