Replacing front coils and struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ALLENGUA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come to find out i do have the gas version with the lower lbs springs but i can't see any spacers on the libby i don't know if all of rustys 2.5 kits come with spacers in other words the day star spacer kit if not can i put them on ???

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come to find out i do have the gas version with the lower lbs springs but i can't see any spacers on the libby i don't know if all of rustys 2.5 kits come with spacers in other words the day star spacer kit if not can i put them on ???

Ok, I'm going to try and take a shot at all your jibberish, and see if I can figure out what you're asking.

1. Come to find out, I do have the gas version with the lower lb. springs.

Since your signature states you have a 2005 CRD Limited, one could assume that you purchased a used 05 CRD that came with a Rusty's coil lift for a gaser.

2. But, I can't see any spacers on the Libby.

If it is, indeed, a Rusty's coil lift, there are no spacers.

3. I don't know if all Rusty's 2.5" kits come with spacers.

Rusty's 2.5" spacer kit has a metal spacer above the front strut and a poly spacer under the rear coils. Then there's the 2.5" coil spring lift that comes with 4 coils, 2 struts, and 2 rear shocks.

4. In other words, the Day Star spacer kit.

To my knowledge, Rusty's doesn't sell the Day star kit.

5. If not, can I put them on?

Put a Day Star spacer kit on in conjuction with a Ruty's coil lift?

Give me some feed back on this, if I'm getting warm.

ALLENGUA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey someone can desifer my good spelling !!! your right thats were im going i thought all the lift kits had the spacers on them you know the day star ones but i was wrong aparently .. and yes it is a crd and i do think it has a gasser kit on it .. thanks for all the help im trying to figure this thing out:confused:

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You say that you think it has a lift kit on it. Get underneath it and look at the front and rear coil springs, and see if there is a green or white tag on each coil spring. This would indicate stock coils. Also, Rusty's front struts are yellow, and I think he has a Rusty's sticker on them.

Last edited:

ALLENGUA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front struts are yellow but have no sticker on them gee those are 32's on your's? that's the look im after and the capability . springs rear have a white sticker but no writing on it