Remove pilot bearing on shaft with engine swap??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepbeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Manual going in to auto '03.. Everything works except torque converter is held up by pilot bearing or "bushing" on the manual-engine shaft and no puller or grease seem to work. How did others past this? I've read people got it off but no descriptions..

Heavy Irony: This never gets a descriptive or experienced answer like all the "yes" answers to the 'will a 2003 manual engine fit in a 2003 auto?' question..

Last edited:

jeepbeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a bearing, not a bushing. When I did my clutch job, I used the bearing puller that Autozone has in their free tool rental. This guy: Pilot Bearing Puller Attachment for Cars, Trucks & SUVs
I've used the grease/dowel/hammer trick to remove a pilot bushing before, but I don't see that working nearly as well on a bearing which can ooze through.

It's been called both on the net even though you're right. I got it off. It can be drilled or you can swap output shafts too.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online