Remove head without removing timing cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mx3_ryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had plenty of room crawling under mine when doing my engine swap without jack stands of any kind and I'm not lifted... YET!!

rbtconsultants

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put my engine in and out with the garage door open, rolled up on tracks above the engine bay, so I'm sure I didn't even have 10 feet. Key is to use the minimum amount of chain length. We used pretty short chain and a load leveler with short chains so had plenty of headroom.

So, a little more update. Got the new fuel rail in. Started the jeep up but oddly the same behavior. Ran for a little bit, backfired and then wouldn't start again. Checked and it had fuel pressure, so weird. Didn't have time to fiddle with it, but the fact that it started several times makes me feel comfortable I assembled things correctly. No codes being thrown, but I unplugged the cam position sensor to test and it threw a code so. ..

My theory is that I was trying to start it with a low battery hooked up to a booster/charger, and there is no alternator, so the power supply is probably not what the computer is looking for. The battery is charging and we'll get back down there on Saturday and assemble things and get the alternator and belt back on and hopefully that will make it behave. If not, I guessed I'll have to run through the "cranks but no start" checklist.

Bob