regarding rear window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Michigan State Police do not play around with an expired plate so you better have the tab or (if necessary, the entire plate) replaced as soon as humanly possible, preferably as soon as you leave the Secretary of State. I always bring a paper towel for cleaning off the old sticker!

... and it's STILL cold and rainy. :(

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Good day,

we have read these posts regarding opening your rear window.
My wife Jennifer and I own a 2004 KJ and we both tried opening our rear hatch window, and we found that all we have to do is push the button on the key fob and the rear glass will pop open! Parked, while driving, when ever!
Maybe our Jeep is special, or we are special!

Cheers

Ryan

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Good day,

we have read these posts regarding opening your rear window.
My wife Jennifer and I own a 2004 KJ and we both tried opening our rear hatch window, and we found that all we have to do is push the button on the key fob and the rear glass will pop open! Parked, while driving, when ever!
Maybe our Jeep is special, or we are special!

Cheers

Ryan

Maybe there's something different with the Canadian programming. :)

richre1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gonna Find Out About That If The Canadians Have Special Priviliges Over Us Hahahaha Just Kidding

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Gonna Find Out About That If The Canadians Have Special Privileges Over Us Hahahaha Just Kidding

Good day,

Special Privileges?
I think Canadians are just plain old more "Special" than Americans! :D

But ya, maybe we do have different soft ware for our Liberty's.
Or like I stated before, maybe our KJ is "Special" (Said like Mister Rogers
naturally.) As I drive through a beautiful neighborhood and pop my rear
window open with a push of the key fob button!

Now, for a new topic... On my list of things to do, is to replace one of
the rear stock gas struts which opens the window with a linear actuator.
So that a push of a button you can remotely close the lift gate as well.

Cheers

Ryan

flintlock

Reaction score
So i tried driving around town with the rear window open and loved it, but how do i get my over head lights to turn off? I don't have one of those fancy evci (or what ever the console computer thing is) Has anyone figured out how to do that?

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know on my 03' i don't have to put it in park to pop the rear glass. The other day the wife wanted to do some shopping so i dropped her off at a store and went and ran a few other errands, when i picked her up she had a couple bags to put in the back so i just stopped, still holding foot on the brake and trans in drive, i tapped the rear glass button on the remote and it opened.

As for the discussion about blurring your license plate number on here, it doesn't matter to me. I just got my title finally and so i got my Amateur Radio license plates transferred to the KJ. So the plate number is the same as my username so whats the point now!

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
As for the discussion about blurring your license plate number on here, it doesn't matter to me. I just got my title finally and so i got my Amateur Radio license plates transferred to the KJ. So the plate number is the same as my username so whats the point now!

That's cool!
Here in B.C. when you have a HAM Licence, your licence plate is also the same as your user name/call sign!

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's cool!
Here in B.C. when you have a HAM Licence, your licence plate is also the same as your user name/call sign!

Yep, that's the deal, i got Amateur Radio callsign license plates years ago, they are lifetime plates, and just keep transferring them to the next vehicle. I use my callsign as my username everywhere, and so its not like i need to hide my license plate. If you know where to look online you can look up my callsign and get my name, address, the whole works. But then you can also do that on other websites with a license plate number if your willing to spend a little money.

Members online

No members online now.