Recovering Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rowdyraven

Reaction score
Hey, I have a '05 Liberty that has the OEM cloth seats that are stained throughout. I have come up with a new set of OEM upholstery covers that I plan to put on. These will replace the originals, not slip over the top of them. My question is, is there any type of stain prevenitive that I can put on them like a few coats of Scotch Guard e.g. that would prevent the terrible stains that I currently have??? Also, I presume that I will have to take the seats out of the KJ to remove the original upholstery and allow for installing the new ones. Any suggestions for this procedure??? Many thanks!!!

Kirksjeep

Reaction score
The seats are pretty easy to pull out, just need to find all the bolts for the back seat. Pull the carpet back that touches the rear seat and find a few, pull the four out that hold the front seat bottoms to the floor and flip the back seat up to get the the seat belts and remaining bolts. I pulled the seat out the back of the Jeep from there. The front seats are even easier, just undo the electrical plug for the seat belt indicator. We bought our KJ with a system the dealer installed and although I didn't want to pay the extra $$ for it 11 years ago, the interior has held up pretty well with two young kids.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled ours off and washed them; cloth goes in the washing machine pretty well on gentle cycle.