Recall F23

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcdougal

Reaction score
Got the F23 balljoint recall done today, rides the same as before (only 4 months old) along with the 10K KM service (about 2hrs of work). No questions from dealer about the web printout, and they told me to just ignore the recall notice when I receive it in the mail (naturally).

P4M

Reaction score
I took mine in before the re-call letter and without any extra paperwork. Performance Jeep here did the replacement no questions asked. Dropped it off at 7:30 am and had it back by 2pm.

Zero charge. Zero hassle. Plus the Jeep seems to drive better. Overall I give it an A+.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went by the dealer today so I stopped in to ask about the ball joint recall as I have not received a letter from DC yet. I'm sure the notifications start with the 02 models and they only send so many out per month.

Anyway, the dealer told me that I can make an appointment for the end of next week to have it done as they were booked up for ball joint replacements until then as they are allowed to do 4 replacements per day.... and I do not need the letter as long as my vin# shows incomplete on the DC website. So I made the appointment. They said the new ball joints were an up-graded part (heavier duty). Since they will not need to touch tie rods and such no front end allignment will be needed.

This is what the service manager told me so I guess they were busy with ball joint recalls as I can imagine.

Just wanted to pass this info along but I imagine most of you know this anyway.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave said:
Just wanted to pass this info along but I imagine most of you know this anyway.

Yes, we do know this.

J/K.... I'm glad to see that a majority of the dealerships are now getting us in there in a timely fashion. It's not a start at 2002 thing since it affects *all* years. But, boy will they be busy.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just dropped my beloved kj at the dealership and took a look at compass :) it looks big. I forgot to tell them wheel lock is in the glove compartment.. #-o i just called and told them..

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
I just dropped my beloved kj at the dealership and took a look at compass :) it looks big. I forgot to tell them wheel lock is in the glove compartment.. #-o i just called and told them..

I did the same thing regarding the wheel lock!! baha.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
i am pushing for a new steering wheel.. let's see, wish me good luck!! :D

they gave me a grand cherokee loaner, boy, does it sway.. seems like they didn't fix the chassis much and it is still sagging when taking turns? But it doesn't pull just one bit.. I like the comfort as well. But I doubt I would buy this thing. I asked for commander, they didn't give me.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
1) No new steering wheel, they said normal wear and tear!!
2) No J in JEEP badge in the back.. they didn't even write it down.. I am going back.
3) Recall done, ball joints replaced.
4) I requested sway bar bushings replaced, looks like done..
5) Still pulling to the left, I am going back there having them check it out..

Here are the pix.

You must be registered for see images

Sway bar bushings.. At least looks replaced:

2003KJ

Reaction score
Interesting that you got a loaner...did you have to pay for it or did they throw it in for you?

Reason i ask is i'm gonna be with out a vehicle for the majority of the day on Monday as i'm taking mine in to get replaced....wonder if i could talk them into a loaner (Aeh)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some dealers flat out turn you down. They said there is a rent-a-car about 5 blocks away and they give you a discount if you tell them we sent you.. I said no thanx!!!

While some dealers require service contract for loaners, say additoinal monthly payment included in your lease/finance.

And while others use it to promote their sales. When I first dropped my jeep they said no, because I didn't buy my jeep there, so no loaner, second time because they did $1000 work on it, they gave me one, and this was the third time, they gave me one. I am hoping because once they did, they will keep giving me one. But to be honest, they are crooks, they say you have 1/4 tank and want it the same condition, actually you have less then 1/8.. i always forget going back and ending up losing about $10 gas in it..

2003KJ

Reaction score
so do what i do when i rent a car, leave it with what you got...or if it's got less than what they say, the minute you realize it, go back inside and get somebody out there to confirm that you've got less to start than what they claim you do....and then say "this is how much will be in there when you get it back"

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know, that's what they say, leave it with what you got, but once you forget going back in there, and realize it after you drove a mile or so, it is too late. I will be paying attention to it next time. Plus loaners smell.....

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not much fun with locked 4x4 grand cherokee.. I wanted to skid a bit but no luck, so i just drove, didn't know what else to do. I am one of the best loanee, i guess.