Rear Wiper Blade Assistance.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sleepydragon

Reaction score
Heya heya folks. Hopefully one of you can help me. 2005 Jeep liberty sport. The one in my profile pic. Rear wiper blade. It has the 11" blade with the short J arm that has no hole in it. I am having a helluva time finding replacement wiper blades for it anywhere. Even Napa wasn't able to help me. Every blade I've gotten, that sites and stores say should fit my jeep, require the hole in the j arm to lock into. Even went to rockauto (which I know a lot of people hate but I've had decent luck with them). They sell the arm I have, but the rear wiper blades they sell are the same as everyone else. Do any of you have a source where I might be able to find the right wiper blade for this thing?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Good find Gyro on the Napa BSH40711, Thanks.
I can't believe after all these years, my OEM one still works.

sleepydragon

Reaction score
Napa lists Bosch BHS 40711 as fitting an 05. https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BSH40711
That is what I have on my 07.

Gyro
They tried that one and it won't lock in place. It still requires the hole in the j hook to lock in place. The one on mine has a clip that's clip extends slightly past the j hook so that it can clip over the end of it. As I said. Napa wasn't able to get one to work either.

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just checked mine,it has the short J with no hole and it fits.
Are they using the right adapter or can you use your adapter?

Gyro

Deb'nKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somewhere between London & Zunny Deb'n (England)
Just because an application list says it fits doesn't necessarily mean it does, they all too often are not up-dated with model changes.

I recently bought a Napa rear wiper blade (for another vehicle) &, unlike some, which come with adaptors, the Napa one was supposed to be model specific, & it would physically fit - just 2" too long!

sleepydragon

Reaction score

Gyro
sadly my adapter was brittle and broke when getting the original off. I've worked with Oreilly's, Advance, Napa, and ordered multiples off of amazon to try. None of them have had an adapter with them that would clip on like it should. It's been bizarre. I'm about at the point of just drilling a hole in the j hook to make the regular ones work. lol

sleepydragon

Reaction score

Gyro
Also does yours snap in place? When they tried that one on mine it just slid right out, easily enough that it would most likely come loose during regular use.

baer jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 06 has a little clip that locks the blade on the arm. I got lucky and found one at an auto wrecker. I haven't been able to find new clips. I never checked the stealership but if anyone has a replacement they should.
Good luck

WheelNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the benefits to living in a super low UV radiation part of the world!
sadly my adapter was brittle and broke when getting the original off. I've worked with Oreilly's, Advance, Napa, and ordered multiples off of amazon to try. None of them have had an adapter with them that would clip on like it should. It's been bizarre. I'm about at the point of just drilling a hole in the j hook to make the regular ones work. lol
Probably the best thing to do. Its just a wiper arm afterall! It would take it from non-functioning to functioning.

Thantos

Reaction score
Try Autozone. My 03 went thru 4 in 1 week. The Autozone one is still going after two years. The number on the receipt is DL-11 Duralast 11"wiper.

Grumpy347

Reaction score
I just replaced the rubber on mine, I used a spare trident blade I had laying around. held in with 2 metal strips that slide into the old arm.

Jeeper-Creeper

Reaction score

Mopar WBRW0011AB​

Cheapest:

Deb'nKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somewhere between London & Zunny Deb'n (England)
Like I said, just because they're listed as fitting, doesn't mean they will.

I've recently been through all this with my Suzuki Grand Vitara, because no wiper supplier acknowledges that in 2006 they stuck GV badges on a completely different vehicle & the correct blade is listed only for the Alto & Swift. Meanwhile, a £2.70 universal blade + strategically, & discretely, positioned ziptie (for added security) proved more than adequate. And no, this isn't peculiar to wipers of Suzukis, I've come across similar discrepancies in fitment lists for everything from XJ light bulbs to Cadillac oil filters.

Last edited:

Grumpy347

Reaction score
Seems these days whatever vehicle you search for gets automatically added to the "fits" list.

HotrodrOH

Reaction score
I just replaced mine with this one from Amazon yesterday. Took me about 15 minutes to figure out how to get it to lock but it does.
ATTKE Rear Wiper Blade for Jeep Compass 2007-2016/Patriot 2007-2017/Cadillac XT5 2017-2021 OEM Genuine Style (11" Rear Wiper Blade) https://a.co/d/1TG03UL

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's one thing that always amazed me, my original rear wiper still works perfect. I rarely used it when I was DD'ing the kj though. I see some people driving on sunny days with their rear wiper on....