Rear window problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trazman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, could anyone help me to solve this problem? On the picture you can see what happened... Because of this now the rear window opens by his self... I dont know how to repair it, i tried with a special glue, but it didnt help...

Attachments

• 2011-07-19 08.15.55.jpg
    2011-07-19 08.15.55.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 24

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, could anyone help me to solve this problem? On the picture you can see what happened... Because of this now the rear window opens by his self... I dont know how to repair it, i tried with a special glue, but it didnt help...

Buy a new part?:freak3:
You would need a flexible type of adhesive especially for rubber.In SA here we have a product called "Pratley Wonda Fix Car". It is a black epoxy that you mix together and forms a strong rubber-like bond. I am sure you can get Pratley products in the USA and Europe (dont know about Slovenia!) as their products have been used in the Space Program.

Failing that, what I would do as a temporary fix is try to "stich" the pieces together by means of a large sewing needle and either nylon fishing line or fishing steel trace.:shrug:

Akedos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A two part, flexible epoxy might fix this if you can't replace the part. I'm a firm believer in 2 part epoxies myself. Loctite makes one, but as stated above have no idea about availability in Slovenia.

Latest posts

Members online