Rear Swing gate wont open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

InspMorse

Reaction score
I have a KJ 2005 Jeep Cherokee, the glass lifts up but the swing gate will not open, I have tried reaching inside to pull white lever to release but was very stiff with no movement at all, used a small screwdriver and think may have broken it as it now is very loose in there but hasnt opened door. I am thinking the actuator needs replacing but how do i open the door to do that.
Another thing that happened which may or maybe not connected to this issue is that all the internal lights stay on, will not turn off, all doors are closed no warnings on dash, dimmer switch isnt turned far enough to turn them on, ended up removing the globes to save battery.
any ideas would be appreciated.
Chris

Duster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a little access panel on the door panel. Pull it, then reach in there and unplug the lock actuator. Then once you unlock again, it should then pop the glass and open the door when you pull on the handle.

I need to replace the one in the door and the one on my back glass. Once in a while I pull the handle and the glass doesn't pop. I have to cycle the unlock again and it will unlock and the glass will pop.

Reactions: JRB

Latest posts

Members online