Rear glass defrost electrical cord wire thingy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you disconnect the electrical wiring from the rear glass? It looks like there may be 2 side tabs and one on the bottom.

Geep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't have to pull any tabs back or anything? I just don't want to break it.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
****** mine,the tabs on the window came with it.Sure there is a latch sys.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
:icon_idea:
Use Needle nose pliers to hold the metal tab back (so you dont rip it off glass)
and then pull the plastic electrical tab off while holding the metal tab...

dmblair78

Reaction score
It is nothing more than a simple spade connector, however, be very careful when pulling it off. It will pull the tab off the window really easily. I had a tab come off my 05 a year ago just by opening the window when it was really cold outside. Luckily I was able to solder it back on there, but it was seriously one of the hardest solder jobs I've ever done (being it is above your head).

Geep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't have to look up the definition of gonad at the library? yay!

The plan here is to rhino line a horizontal strip just above the glass and between the roof rails.

Last edited:

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine have little tabs to push down on and then I pull the plug off.
The window spade connector came off once so I just re-soldered it back onto the glass

Geep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The seal is already effected. I've got rust above the rear glass, under the right side hinge and around the right side of the rear brake light. I've already started the body work on it.

So the bottom, horizontal edge of the bed coating will cover the channel above and behind the rear glass then the top, horizontal line of the bed coating will run horizontally just above the rear brake light and will run from roof rail trim to roof rail trim.