rear gate rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jerbacher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm sure this has been covered in other posts, but I couldn't find them. My rear gate rattles.... all the time. I'm sure I just need to adjust the stops, but could someone explain to me exactly what needs to be done? Thanks.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Random pic. But it was the only thing I could find..

on the ride ride there. You can see the golden catch. And the black piece that lines the door up when it closes.. Adjust that black piece to where the door closes tighter.. O:)

You must be registered for see images attach

Whelan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My gf had that happen to her Jeep with only about 6,000 miles on it. Randomly, every single bump made the glass rattle as if it was loose. I checked all the latches and they seemed tight. I even took it to the dealer (under warranty) and the guy working on it could not adjust the latch anymore to make it fit.

Apparently it was a defect and the door itself has been rubbing down the metal. So they ordered a whole new latch system and it worked fine!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to say.. The glass that flips out, there is a hard piece of plastic on the top of it that seals it.. Sometimes if it gets dirty and dusty, it can rattle. I usually clean it off really good and put some kinda protect-ant on it.. regular oil will work too.. I guess.

Latest posts

Members online