Rear end bumps when turning. L&R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Road_Runna

Reaction score
Hello everyone, it's been a while since i've posted (laptop was in the repair shop).

Well i have a problem with my 02 liberty 3.7L limited edition. The problem seems to be coming from the rear end when making turns, and are more frequent on 4 Full time 4wd, again only when taking turns.

At first I thought I had a limited slip diferential, and I took a trip to chrysler jeep to get some friction modifier for the clutch paks in rear end differential. sales rep then informed me I have a Trak loc in my differential.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure the bushings in the rear lower control arms are shot - your symptoms are a common complaint when the bushings need replacing.

Dealer can do it or you can purchase the bushings from RockAuto.com (supporting vendor here on JeepKJ) and have them pressed in at a local shop.

Bob

Road_Runna

Reaction score
alright I may need to change the title of the post or start a new post.

what im getting is actually more of a vibration/grinding underneath when turning and prominent driving more in 4wd.

yeah that's it.

and where is the tag that identifies my rear end differential? can't seem to find it.

Members online

No members online now.