rear diff has balls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
They are NIB SH** catchers

They just caught another one !!lol3.gif

Suppose to be to prevent driveline vibes
most everyone takes them off and slings them over the hill though.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Park near another attractive Jeep and you'll see.... :D

jk

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
That weight is heavy if you're not ready for it. I wasn't when I removed mine last year... smashed the
You must be registered for see images attach
out of a finger. :mad:

Midgear

Reaction score
is this that sort of roller lookin thing.. a large piece of metal with what looks like a small wheel on either side of it?

I thought that was to help the rear axle from hitting or dragging on things..

Midgear

Reaction score
No, its a useless huge weight.

oh.. well good. I ripped mine off because I was mowing through this chunky ass mud and had great momentum, just enough wheel spin to fling a bit of mud around, it was all going flawless, and then I came to a violent hault, after a bit of fighting with it and back forth back forth trying to get unstuck, I finally pulled through and a boulder that musta weighed over 200 pounds was dragging on my undercarriage.. ouch. I dragged it a good 10 - 15 feet before I got up on harder ground and had the clearance to get over it.

bent those weights all to hell.. I thought it was something I was gonna have to replace.. guess not!

Redbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And today my son tells me he knows all about them. Some Mustangs have them too. The Mustang guys remove them.

I guess some eggheads with sensitive instruments decided we need them to lessen NHV.