Rear brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

liberty74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone ever had a problem with one of their rear brakes locking up? It seems that if it is raining or the weather changes my right rear brake locks up. It will only do this when I first start to drive, just does it one time then not again until the following day. Hopefully someone has some insight to this problem. Thanks.

Jeff

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never had it happen like that but i would suggest you get that pulled apart and looked at ASAP...

Could just be crap building up in that brake, and it could also be an indication that its time to repair/replace it. Either way i would get it checked.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the rear brakes if you have disk brakes, there is a drum brake set up for the e-brake. It is probably sticking??? When I helped with the brakes on an 03KJ with disks, we had trouble getting the right rear disk off as it was hung up so we had to back off the adjustment on the e-brake. The pads were almost gone and it was hanging up.

Dave

liberty74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should have mentioned that it is an 02 model with drum brakes. I replaced everything in there last summer because of a rattle which turned out to be busted springs. Probably still wouldn't hurt to take it apart to look.

Jeff

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would take it apart and check since its an 02' with drums, you could have something out of place or broken again, why i don't know, but its best to find out now then stuck on the side of the road trying to get it rolling again.