Rear Brake Noise Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever since we got our 05 my wife who is the primary driver has been annoyed by the rear brake moan almost every morning when she drives off and the dealer has worked with her in tying to eliminate the annoyance including replacing the pads and rotors several times, but to no avail, the noise would go away for a couple of days and come back, well last week the service manager called and said that the was a new tsb on the problem and wanted to perform the work in hopes of solving the issue once and for all so the work was done today, the new pads are ceramic and there is a hung anti rattle clip, so in a few days should be able to tell if the tsb worked,
If anyone is interesed the tsb is 05-004-06 and covers all model years 2003 - 2006

Bob

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
None of our Jeeps have had this noise! Maybe it's the way me and my sister drive. The guy down the street says we drive like the people in the commercials... like we're in a safari or something.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The noise seems to vary by vehicle, I have 2 neighbors and theirs make the noise, the service manager at the dealership told me that his wifes Liberty had the noise, and that if he drove all the Liberties on the lot only half would make noise, guess I just know the people who bought the noisy half

Bob

Latest posts

Members online