rear axle ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kcjeepn

Reaction score
OK, what is the deal with the bar bell like hanging from the rear axle? I had noticed this thing but have not found anything about it. any help?

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure what you are mentioning, got any pictures to show what you are talking about?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats its balls..

No, its actually a vibration dampener. Keeps the vibes down. Many people take them off after bending them offroad and cannot tell a difference.

in other words, DC ***** at making a drivetrain.. \:D/

kcjeepn

Reaction score
That is what I was looking at. I figured that it would be something for vibrations. I had TJ before the liberty that I lifted. I started the TJ stock with vibes that the dealership could not get rid of and I did a better job than they did.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Why did you have your jeep on a flatbed?

So you bent those offroad huh? \:D/ :-$

just saw this now! :-s I had a flat tire, the dude pulled it only half way into the truck that had, he rested my jeep on it, and lifted a bit and changed the tire!.. phew..

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
jeepjeepster said:
Why did you have your jeep on a flatbed?

So you bent those offroad huh? \:D/ :-$

just saw this now! :-s I had a flat tire, the dude pulled it only half way into the truck that had, he rested my jeep on it, and lifted a bit and changed the tire!.. phew..

Why did he just use a jack? That would of made me alittle mad.. I can see some scratches on your frame. Nothing bad but still. 8-[

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I don't know why, but he just strapped it and pulled it only half way into the truck and lifted the bed. Imagine like this:
http://www.sgarlato.com/***** Auto pics/Flatbedload.jpg but rear wheels ON the ground, front on halfway into bed, and bed lifted up.. so rear is in the air....

what I am wondering how come it didn't rest on the muffler.. is it that strong? or did it sway up when it rested on that part? or chassis is even further below muffler?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Umm, Im not to sure if the frame hangs down below the muffler or not. It probably just pushed it up.. And no, its not strong enough to hold the jeep up. O:) I would say it didnt harm anything..

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
allright, so I guess that part is the best spot to hook the "lifts"
I was planning to buy 4 of those tripods, the ones you got, but was scared since the street is not completely even.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
allright, so I guess that part is the best spot to hook the "lifts"
I was planning to buy 4 of those tripods, the ones you got, but was scared since the street is not completely even.

Jackstands...

Yea, its best if the ground if nice and level. Ive had one side of them lift off the ground b/c the ground was on an incline. :-s Thats not good at all. Had me alittle worried. 8-[