Rear Air Deflector... Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJJosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the looks of it step 6 is showing a nutzert fitting. If this is the case insert the assembly like pictured. Use the wrench to hold the spacer while using the ratchet to tighten the bolt. This will "crush" the nutzert causing it to stay inside the panel. Once you torque the bolt down reverse the bolt and nutzert should stay inside the panel.

Do not over tighten past the 6-10 foot lbs on the instructions!!

clapperc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A thousand thanks!!!

A thousand thanks!!! I never heard of a "nutzert" before... With your help I finished the job and the Air Deflector is now installed and deflecting!

From the looks of it step 6 is showing a nutzert fitting. If this is the case insert the assembly like pictured. Use the wrench to hold the spacer while using the ratchet to tighten the bolt. This will "crush" the nutzert causing it to stay inside the panel. Once you torque the bolt down reverse the bolt and nutzert should stay inside the panel.

Do not over tighten past the 6-10 foot lbs on the instructions!!

clapperc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tested today... Appears to push the water down-wards; The effectiveness seems increased with increased MPH. Not a perfect science! But as LibertyFever said… It looks nice! Kinda balances out the front bug-deflector.

any difference in the amount of crap on back window from driving on wet roads?

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tested today... Appears to push the water down-wards; The effectiveness seems increased with increased MPH. Not a perfect science! But as LibertyFever said… It looks nice! Kinda balances out the front bug-deflector.

This summer I ripped my bug deflector off the hood. It didn't keep the bugs off the windshield and I didn't like the "unibrow" look.

clapperc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen that look with some! When I installed mine I made mega-adjustments so that is it tight to the hood. Also there are many different manufactures for these; And they don't all fit the same.

This summer I ripped my bug deflector off the hood. It didn't keep the bugs off the windshield and I didn't like the "unibrow" look.

Auberon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had one fitted from new.
These things are great in really dusty conditions and they work on water so that you don't have to run the wiper nearly as much. You can actually see the layers of dust shear off the window before they get so thick you can't see through the rear window. Water also builds to a level then sheets off - speed dependent.

These are much the same shape as the old Valiant Safari (station wagons) deflectors (1962-64 vintage here - Australia). On the wagons they worked an absolute treat in the bush but they were, of course, originally steel. I knew they work so got one fitted to her new with the other goodies I got out of the dealer after agreeing on a price but before signing on the dotted line.
Cheers
Auberon

clapperc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to update my experiences now that I have driven in salt and snow. What I observed is that although the rear window gets wet... It appears the water is from the roof (which is rather clean water) then is pushed down onto the rear window. Unlike prior to the air-deflector, the residue on the glass is far less dirty; Nearly no salt residue. So... I'm liking it!!!
:happy107: