Random intermittent beeping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92fox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking it may have cause a short (both times said switch went out was after some high water, and it fixed itself after thoroughly drying out). The switch "fixed" itself again today, so we will see how it is on the way home

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I am wondering if there is a message stored or displayed...that can be recalled..
Do you have tire pressure monitor & the EVIC (the overhead display unit)??

92fox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the EVIC, and not sure on the TPMS. It's an 07 Sport. I have a Scanguage, but no codes are being shown.

92fox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was talking with the wife today, and may have the "problem" narrowed down. The whole year she drove it, it never did it to her. Also during this time, I did not have the ScanGuage 2 hooked up as it was in my DD. As soon as I hook it up in the Jeep, it starts randomly doing it again. Don't know why it would cause this, but that's my best guess as of right now...

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a scangage in my 07 have had it abought 3 years and no problems. Unplug it see what happens, don't think it will fix it but hay you never know till you try.

92fox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unplugging it didn't fix it...it didn't happen nearly as often but it didn't fix it. Also, the lights that flash are the "ESP" "ABS" and Brake lights, all simultaneously, and most times for a very short split second, but once they stayed on for about 2 seconds.

Also, randomly my CEL will come on for about a second, then flicker and go out. No codes throwing and doesn't drive any differently, just randomly does it. I cannot replicate this on purpose either.