rancho shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
I put Rancho springs and shocks all over a CJ-7 I had and it all broke. I don't even put Rancho Dressing on my salad anymore.

curtis

Reaction score
Sorry I meant the rs9000xl strut not the rear shocks. The struts that are adjustable.

curtis

Reaction score
Had them on my TJ and they did work good. Has Marlin said anything about them?

karljp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want your KJ to have good on-road manners and off-road capability then the adjustable Rancho shocks can help you. With these shocks you can easily adjust the ride quality, from soft to firm ride for offroad or towing. Expensive yet you definitely get what you pay for.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
BUT if installing with worn out springs then ride will still be bad, at that point its better to go with full aftermarket setup like OME etc

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the OME 927 springs and the Rancho struts would be a good setup.

They could be, one guy recently installed them following along to see how they do on his.
But since I am spoiled with JBA coilovers I'll never get a chance to test them out unless a customer wants that setup

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would personally just go with JBA/OME and know that you are buying something that works great. Plus I doubt cost would be that different anyways. Probably more expensive to get the Rancho's.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
At Summit Racing
JEEP LIBERTY Rancho RS9000XL Shock Absorbers RS999764
155.99 each

curtis

Reaction score
Coilovers are nice because of tuneability. But for the average KJ owner coil and struts would be the preferred choose for cost reasons. As far as OME vs Rancho they both have good and bad reviews. I would like the Rancho's because of the adjustability to your driving preferences. Also about 20 dollars less than Ome.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Coilovers are nice because of tuneability. But for the average KJ owner coil and struts would be the preferred choose for cost reasons. As far as OME vs Rancho they both have good and bad reviews. I would like the Rancho's because of the adjustability to your driving preferences. Also about 20 dollars less than Ome.

I'm not average :shrug::shrug::whip::icon_lol:
Not enough info out there on how much the tuneability does for the ride with the Ranchos
OME is proven time and time again , never had an issue with anyones when they went that route.
But thats why I was watching this one guy to see how he liked them after a while on there.