Rancho RS5000 series front Strut

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone run this strut on their liberty? I am looking for feedback on this model specifically, not the 17505, the OME, or any other. I am looking to run this with:
-OME 926/927 coils
-daystar spacer

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put a pair of those in the front and after about three weeks I haven't noticed any problems. Haven't had a chance to get off-pavement yet but I think they'll do just fine.
I am looking to run this with:
-OME 926/927 coils
-daystar spacer
So is that an either/or statement? I've got the 927s in my front end and they give the same lift as I had with the daystar spacers, after I added a bit of clevis lift it actually sits higher now (well, that and the springs that were on with the daystar lift had around 110k on them).

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put a pair of those in the front and after about three weeks I haven't noticed any problems. Haven't had a chance to get off-pavement yet but I think they'll do just fine.

So is that an either/or statement? I've got the 927s in my front end and they give the same lift as I had with the daystar spacers, after I added a bit of clevis lift it actually sits higher now (well, that and the springs that were on with the daystar lift had around 110k on them).

Yes its an either or. I wasnt sure if it would "fly". I know the frankenlift uses a spacer similar to the Daystar, but I believe its smaller. I may just run the coils plus RSX's if it will let my tires fit (31's-17").

jeepzilla

Reaction score
I put those as well as the matching rears with daystar spacers. Have had them on for just over a month they ride good, no complaints so far.

jeepzilla

Reaction score
I went with the Daystar spacers front an rear. The Rancho's ride like typical RS5000's, they can be a bit rough at times on hard bumps but the whole package including tires works well. I do have some fender liner trimming to do but otherwise it works like I wanted... I am tossed if I shoulda went with new springs instead of spacers but I like it so far...

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the Daystar spacers front an rear. The Rancho's ride like typical RS5000's, they can be a bit rough at times on hard bumps but the whole package including tires works well. I do have some fender liner trimming to do but otherwise it works like I wanted... I am tossed if I shoulda went with new springs instead of spacers but I like it so far...

so ur not running the OME springs?

the combo i am looking to run (if it will fit) is the OME springs, RSX or RS struts and the daystar spacer....thats if I can get any feedback before I try to install it.

Latest posts

Members online