Radio amplifier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camivic

Reaction score
Hi guys,
how can I tell if my original audio system (on a Jeep Cherokee KK 2011) is equipped with an amplifier? Where should the factory amplifier be located?
Thank you all.

Camivic

Reaction score
Under the rear seat, drivers side
What is the best method to remove the lower part of the rear seat? I only found a lever to fold down the seat, but not one to raise the lower part.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the best method to remove the lower part of the rear seat? I only found a lever to fold down the seat, but not one to raise the lower part.
You should be able to look under the drivers side rear seat to see if there is a metal box there, which is the amplifier. I have never removed the rear seat, but I found this thread: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=70389 Unfortunately the picture links are broken but hopefully the written descriptions help.

The passengers side rear seat has room under it for a different metal box, which is the inverter for the AC outlet on the back of the center console (if yours came with one).

Camivic

Reaction score

You should be able to look under the drivers side rear seat to see if there is a metal box there, which is the amplifier. I have never removed the rear seat, but I found this thread: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=70389 Unfortunately the picture links are broken but hopefully the written descriptions help.

The passengers side rear seat has room under it for a different metal box, which is the inverter for the AC outlet on the back of the center console (if yours came with one).
Unfortunately I didn't see any box, that's why I would like to dismantle the seat. My problem comes from the fact that the radio system drains the battery. I have done several tests, for example disconnecting only the car radio cables but without success, it always runs out of battery. So I thought that the system has an amplifier, and that there is some problem with it. For the moment I solved it by disconnecting the M12 fuse.