Radiator Fan problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smcbride11

Reaction score
You got to check the main fan relay that is not in the fuse box,it's about 10" directly under the battery on the inner fender.

You're sure the '04s also have that relay? I've got two relays (plus the fuse) in the under-hood PDC, but I can neither find a part number for a third mechanical relay nor can I actually find the part you're referring to - it's admittedly been dark and it's not the easiest thing to find by flashlight, but it should be visible under the battery tray without actually removing the battery and tray, right?

My fan itself checks out okay and the PCM's cleared the check engine light, so I'm thinking I have an intermittent short to ground somewhere... Battery's reading 12V and 14V with the car on and at idle, so the battery and alternator appear okay.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're sure the '04s also have that relay? I've got two relays (plus the fuse) in the under-hood PDC, but I can neither find a part number for a third mechanical relay nor can I actually find the part you're referring to - it's admittedly been dark and it's not the easiest thing to find by flashlight, but it should be visible under the battery tray without actually removing the battery and tray, right?

My fan itself checks out okay and the PCM's cleared the check engine light, so I'm thinking I have an intermittent short to ground somewhere... Battery's reading 12V and 14V with the car on and at idle, so the battery and alternator appear okay.
Yes you have separate fan controller,they got rid of it in '06 or '07 though.

Below is a pic of the fan controller,it's circled in yellow..............
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online