rad fan toast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rad fan died today causing the cooling system to overheat and spill out. Strange though the temp guage never moved from normal. The stealership wants $600 for a new one. First the fan relay died and now the rad fan itself. What could be causing them both to go out?

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I got an aftermarket fan on Fleabay for 145 US shipped to me. I ordered it for a friend. When the fan arrived, it was broken, but the company sent out a replacement in a couple days. I didn't even have to send the broken one back.

Did you check the fuse for the fan? I got caught on that one. :eek: What I thought was a small relay turned out to be the fuse. $5.00 later and the fan worked.

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, thanks. the fan is getting voltage but the fan doesn't work. I tried another fan that worked but it doesn't fit my shroud. The dealer ordered me another for almost $600. I use the vehicle for my work so i needed it fixed right away and nobody in town sells one for the Liberty. Othewise i would have considered alternative cheaper fans. At least i can write off some of the cost.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats the one reason I dont like only having one fan. I wouldnt really thing anything is causing them to go bad other than normal wear and tear.

You can get them off ebay.