Quick Coax Speaker Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't seem to find much on them. But I'm JUST replacing the rear door coaxial speakers with these:

Polk Audio db651 (db 651) 6.5" 2-way Marine Coaxial Car Speakers

Anything I need to know before installing? Anything special? Is it simply just plug and play?

Thanks all! :cheers:

PS - A little background - I have an older Sony XPlod HU. Will I need to worry about anything power-wise?

RookieLibertyist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't seem to find much on them. But I'm JUST replacing the rear door coaxial speakers with these:

Polk Audio db651 (db 651) 6.5" 2-way Marine Coaxial Car Speakers

Anything I need to know before installing? Anything special? Is it simply just plug and play?

Unless the speakers come with adapters youre going to need to purchase some. sonicelectronix.com sells some specifically for Kj's for $11.99/pair. and if you ordered from crutchfield youre getting all of the necessary adapters assuming you plugged in the basic car info into the buyers guide.

Thanks all! :cheers:

PS - A little background - I have an older Sony XPlod HU. Will I need to worry about anything power-wise?

you'll be fine with the aftermarket HU even if its a little older as anything is generally better than stock.

answers in the quote ^^^

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Comes with 6 3/4" adapters. Not sure that's the what I need but i suppose i can figure it out. Either I'll do some fabbing or purchase those adapters. Thanks much! :)