Questions about an '06 diesel

Should I get this car?

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krispy1202

Reaction score
There is an '06 Liberty Diesel for sale in my area with around 180,000 miles on it. I'm not too worried about the engine dying but I am a little curious as to what might some problems I could occur in the next year be and why did they stop making the diesel version.

Here is a link to the Liberty if anyone wants to take a look at it: http://www.xtrememotorsales.com/webtemplate.aspx?iid=2929668

Thanks for the advice everybody!

Last edited:

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
FYI - I moved your topic into the CRD section, as you will probably get a better range of responses.

Also, you might want to check out the CRD section over at LOST Jeeps as well - there are a lot of diesel enthusiasts that would be helpful in answering your questions.

Lastly, every time you call a Jeep a 'car', you kill a cat. A Jeep is nothing like a car... trust me. ;)

(welcome)

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
How about say Jeep not car. In todays society putting up with a diesel takes a certain mind set. If my petrol had not been so low in price would have got the diesel up the street. Can think of,nor have I read of any reason a diesel won't go half a million miles.

retmil46

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the PO knew what he was doing - I see a Provent CCV filter to keep the oil out of the intercooler and air intake - and that POS factory fuel filter has been replaced with an excellent Racor fuel filter setup. Dude, that's close to $500 worth of mods the PO did for you right there!

Wouldn't be surprised to find that the PO also added a lift pump of one sort or another, and replaced the factory weak-kneed torque converter with a Suncoast billet TC (that's $700 by itself).

In short, the PO has done some common sense mods to make this a reliable driver, and may well have spent upwards of a couple grand in such mods you'll get free and gratis if you buy it. The Provent and Racor alone tells me the PO really attempted to maintain the engine.

I'd check around on the different KJ CRD forums and see if you can get in contact with the PO, so he can tell you what other mods he may have done to the vehicle. If it's been modded and cared for as I suspect, then h*** yes I'd buy it!

Mikejeep

Reaction score
Looks like it's been cared for by the PO, even has a yellowtop battery besides the mods already mentioned by Retmil46. I'd buy it!

It will need a new T-belt at 200k like Jobo says, take that into account. Pricy...

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I think you guys are right, I'd be willing to bet that's someone else's old Jeep from the LOST CRD forum.....

In Which case, yes I would buy it but dang for that much money.... low ball them.

Latest posts

Members online