Question!? How to remove off road bar on pasanger side...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Renegade

Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could help me out.

In my 05 Jeep Renegade, I have this off road bar in my dash. It's right above the glove box, but right below the air bag.

I really want to take it off.

If anyone could help me with the un-installation, that would be great.

Joey

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
I have no idea how to uninstall it, probably some mounting bolts on the back side of the dash board. You could probably access it by removing the door to the glove box, but why do you want to remove it?

05Renegade

Reaction score
Whenever anyone gets i my car, they bang their knees. It's just a waste of space for me.

I really don't go "off roading" to the point where my passengers are gonna have to hang on to it either.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
You might contact m_volyrakis ,one of our esteemed members,seems he was looking for such a grab bar and might know how to remove it. The vertical ones have plugs near the end that are pried out to revel bolts/screws that attach it.maybe same.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Whenever anyone gets i my car, they bang their knees. It's just a waste of space for me.

I really don't go "off roading" to the point where my passengers are gonna have to hang on to it either.

So wait

You want to take the bar off your dash in your Jeep because your passengers bang their knees getting in your car?

What does your passengers banging their knees getting in your car have to do with your Jeep?

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score

Haha I see I've had that problem before too

So wait

You want to take the bar off your dash in your Jeep because your passengers bang their knees getting in your car?

What does your passengers banging their knees getting in your car have to do with your Jeep?

tbj excuse the fella lol simple first offense

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
You know, in the middle east they cut your hand off for a first offense of calling a Jeep a car :p

Or is that something else?

04 Silver Renegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know, in the middle east they cut your hand off for a first offense of calling a Jeep a car :p

Or is that something else?

rofl2.gif

To the O.P.~~~~~~> I think you should either move the Passenger Seat all the way back so no one hits their knees....OR....Just point and laugh at whomever hits their knees on the "Oh Sh*t Bar"

Last edited:

m_volyrakis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alex beat me to it , just follow the link and reverse the procedure, bear in mind that you will need a piece of trim to cover the spot there the grab bar used to be. Quite easy to find in a scrap yard as most KJs came with out that bar.

I had the same problem with knee space and ended up removing it.

Last edited:

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
why not just keep the passenger seat back a little farther. that Oh shit bar is great to hold bottles and other stuff too!

haha yeah I tried that but the people that have the problems with mine are people well over 6 foot tall so the seat being farther back didn't help much lol

05Renegade

Reaction score
Sorry for calling it a "car" hahah.

The bar is gray.

If anyone wants it, they're more than welcome to it once it;s out. I'm going to go to a scrap yard sometime this week or weekend to get s piece of trim to cover it up.

Thanks again AlexKJ!

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Sorry for calling it a "car" hahah.

The bar is gray.

If anyone wants it, they're more than welcome to it once it;s out. I'm going to go to a scrap yard sometime this week or weekend to get s piece of trim to cover it up.

Thanks again AlexKJ!

ok I'm confused... is this an option? or do all KJ's come with it? I'm just curious why theres a trim piece to cove it.

Latest posts

Members online