Question About Lowering My '02

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your Jeep

If I'm not mistaken the Freedom Editions came with 17" wheels. So you may want to check you clearance. The quickest and easiest way to lower a vehicle is to heat up the springs with a heat gun. I did it to my 95 Ranger for a couple of reasons. It was a 4X2 and I wasn't going for the 4X4 look, and I HATE lowriders. Plus it doesn't void you warranty.

tomjonesrocks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting...

I just purchased a used-certified '02 Limited 4x4 2 days ago (!) from a dealer, and the manufacture date on it (after checking per this thread) is 01/02. This definitely means this Liberty is raised higher than other '02 Liberties made after 04/02?

Here's photos:
http://www.reconceive.com/liberty/lib_back.gif
http://www.reconceive.com/liberty/lib_front.gif

I actually understand the case to have it a bit lower, and have to admit I'm somewhat concerned about the rollover risk--at least when my wife is driving it. It seems you have to be doing something pretty stupid to roll it over but certainly I'd prefer not to take unnecessary risks either when using the Jeep as a daily driver...

tomjonesrocks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PatriotBlue02 said:
No, it was April of O2 -- i found that on the Jeep site. ;) Nice guess then!

This was found on the Jeep website? I'm not finding any useful info there; can you tell me what part of the site this was found? Thanks!

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tomjonesrocks2 said:
PatriotBlue02 said:
No, it was April of O2 -- i found that on the Jeep site. ;) Nice guess then!

This was found on the Jeep website? I'm not finding any useful info there; can you tell me what part of the site this was found? Thanks!

Theres A thread in the FAQ section that explains this in detail. Yours definately stands taller. Mine missed, by one day. #-o