Question about interior light...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PatriotBlue02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is kinda weird and I was just wondering if anyone else has had this. Sometimes as I'm just going down the road (and all the doors are shut securely btw), the interior light above the rear-view mirror will kinda blink at me. Dunno if that means there may be a short or thats the computers way of telling me there is something wrong... or what. Anyone have any ideas?

One other thing -- my brakes kinda sqeal -- makes this metal sound. It drives me nuts, I hate it. So I took it to Midas and they say that there is nothing wrong with my brakes at all and I have a lot of wear left on them but its just that its the kind of pads thats on there that make it sqeal. Does that sound like BS to you or about right? I thought maybe it might be trtue because if they wanted to rip me off wouldnt they be trying to sell me brakes if I dont need them?

Thanks for your help guys! :)

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
the flickering dome light, that's been a common issue with 02's.
I beleive there may be a TSB for it. I gotta double check

well, depending if the previous owners replaced the pads before you got them, they may have put on harder pads, which tend to squeel.
if anything it could just be dirty rotors..

u getting vibrations when braking?

PatriotBlue02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i think i'm a dummy, but whats a TSB ? as for the brakes, no, it brakes fine actually -- no jerking or vibrations... just an annoying sound, haha! The Midas guy kinda rolled his eyes at me when I complained and explained it worked fine just was noisy. #-o

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the brake squeal - if the pads were replaced there is a grease-like compound that generally comes with the new pads that is used to combat the squeal and they may not have coated the backs of the pads with this when installing them. If its really annoying I suppose you could take it down and get the anti-squeal applied. At least the shop was honest enough to tell you there was plenty of life left in the pads \:D/

Heres a link for more info on this:
Brake Pad squeal

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.