Question about BFG TAKO 31X10.5x15

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theholybull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have just gotten myself an 02 libby, well i got my wife's old libby we just got her an 09. Anyway I just bought a set of wranglers (255x70x16) for her. Her jeep, sorry my jeep, and a set of 31x10.50x15 BFG TA-KOs for my toyota that im gonna sell. Im Planning on keeping the BFGs and putting on an old set of tires on the yote. My question is Will the BFGs fit on the 02 without a lift. According to the wiki book links found elsewhere on the boards the BFGs are 30.7" while 255s on the libby now are 30.2" there appears to be room for them but I was wondering if anyone has tried to do this with any success. Also will the 255s clear on a kk? Im not opposed to a lift but if they will fit without them then thats all the better.

Thanks
Bull

P.S. both of jeeps came form fred martin which is and add in the sponsored links. I dont know just thought that was cool, anyway.....

ObiHann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock tire hight in the liberty is 235/70/16, this is about a 29" tire. The tires you have are 31" tires. According to the wikibooks page for the liberty (that was built based on general knowledge, and all the discussions about what fits on lost and other sires) then 31" tire will rub WITH a lift. Now, there are tons of guys running a 31" tire, even a 32" tire, but they had to trim, pound the pinch weld, and do all kinds of stuff to make it fit. Also you should be careful because a 15" alloy rim will not fit on the liberty (it wont clear the brakes) you need steel, everyone seems to get cragar soft 8s. A 15" rim is going to have different backspacing, so you are going to have a larger turning radius, and even more rubbing, and more trimming. Anyways, get a lift, and stick the tries in, it will be great, or, don't bother sticking them in, cause without a lift, that will be a crazy tight fit.