Q. about brush guards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bohica-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thinking about ordering a brush guard for the front of my Libby. I'v seen a couple of jeeps that have them, and they look pretty good (hella functional too)
I'v pretty much discided on this one: http://www.autotrucktoys.com/liberty/Aries-Jeep-Liberty-One-Piece-Brush-Guard-02-05-P9537C526.aspx (in powdercoated black, of corse)
Does anyone have this one? They say the headlight guards are removable, but it also says its "one piece"... So does this mean, the small bars that cover the headlights are removable?? Or the whole horseshoe bent thicker bar is? I'd prefer if the whole thing was...you could turn it into a "pushbar" or a "bullbar"
Any thoughts on this or pics would be great....thanks

AtlanticLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from the picture, it looks like the smaller crossbars detach just like mine. Using an alen wrench you can remove then (not the larger out side piece). Although I don't know why any one would want to remove them? Normally the big side pieces are welded for strength.

On a side note, just two days ago my brush guard save me from buying a new grill and headlights. On the capitol beltway I was following a tractor trailer and he had a blow out. I to the brunt of the retread tire sections flying back at me doing 75 and I could feel the larger chunks slamming off the guard at multiple places. Some sections were as wide as 2+ feet of thick rubber. Lesson learned: have a brush guard.

bohica-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I need one...I'm just trying to figure out which one is the best for me.
The reason I have for wondering if they are removable is for shipping...
I'v tryed to order other brush guards off Ebay(and pretty much...everywere else), and they all ship "factory direct". Well, all of them, so far, wont ship it to and APO address. I figured if it was removable....it would be easier to ship.
just ordered from: autoeverything.com . I guess I'll find out in a day or two if they're going to ship it to me or not.
SUX!!! This is probably the 6th or 7th one I'll ordered.....all failed due to shipping requierments.

P.S. is that the same Aries installed on your Jeep?

bohica-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered that exact same one about a month ago.....same result: "we do not ship to APO's".
Oh well....If all else fails, I'll have them ship to my Dad's house in Palm Springs. Them he can send it to me.....I was trying to avoid that route though.

Love that note at the bottom of that auction : hah.gif "note: Jeep not included"

bohica-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd love to get ARB.....but, I have an 04' Sport. That would mean I'd have to trim my front fender flare's. Not sure I'm ready for that yet.
Plus.....It would be tough to get an ARB front-end on to my Libby for under 400 bucks [-X
That's were I'm at with the brushguard....

Checked out your photo's, that ARB front-end DOES look kick-a$$ on your Jeep \:D/

Damn...I'v got "Bumper Envy"................LOL

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tony, let me know if you succeed. I've been trying to order roof basket and bull bar... no one ships APO.

bohica-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Eddie,

Bennet hooked me up with the info on my roof basket. Got the Surco Safari Rack 45''x 50''. Ordered through summitracing.com. They were pretty good, got here fast. Just remembered you got a Renny, right? that one might not work for you. You'll have to check with them.

Just got an e-mail concerning my brush guard I ordered yesterday.....For about the 6th or 7th time everyony refuses to ship to APO's. NOBODY WILL SHIP THIS BRUSH GUARD TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!! (banghead) (banghead) (banghead) (banghead)

I'm pissed

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bohica-kj said:
Hey Eddie,

Bennet hooked me up with the info on my roof basket. Got the Surco Safari Rack 45''x 50''. Ordered through summitracing.com. They were pretty good, got here fast. Just remembered you got a Renny, right? that one might not work for you. You'll have to check with them.

Just got an e-mail concerning my brush guard I ordered yesterday.....For about the 6th or 7th time everyony refuses to ship to APO's. NOBODY WILL SHIP THIS BRUSH GUARD TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!! (banghead) (banghead) (banghead) (banghead)

I'm pissed

I know exactly how you feel, dude. No one ships APO. I think it's the fear of lost shipment and the fact some are too lazy to take a trip to the post office to fill out a Customs Declaration form. I had a few eBay idiots get angry about that.

I am considering buying the Mopar basket and bull bar locally. I bet the prices are triple, though. However, if I find out it's just an extra $50-$80, I think I'll go for it. Shipping would've probably costed that much anyway.