Put some new Enkei wheels on the 08 KK and detailed it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are a few more pics that I took yesterday. Sorry for the quality, they were taken with my cell phone in the shop at my work. I just got done installing some Enkei wheels and detailing my Libby. I really like the way it came out.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like those! :D
When i saw Enkei i was a little worried that were some low profile tuner style rims, since i had a set of them on one of my old cars!

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i saw Enkei i was a little worried that were some low profile tuner style rims

Haha that's funny. Definitely not my style at all.:D

I have been looking at putting some different wheels on my KK for awhile, and these Enkei wheels, being black and silver, went right along with the color scheme I chose.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What were they doing to the yellow Ram in the background?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sharp looking jeep, Idaho. Nice wheels.

Strangely enough, I also like the stock KK wheels.

Dave

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What were they doing to the yellow Ram in the background?

I'm actually the one working on the yellow truck. I have been a Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep tech for 10 years now. I am replacing the engine in the yellow truck in the background. It is a 2005 Ram 3500 with a Cummins. It had a fuel contamination issue and washed 3 of the 6 cylinders. It is easier to do a motor with the cab removed. Here are some pics I took a few days ago. I like to show people what I do sometimes because some jobs, like this one, are pretty interesting.

talleybird_kk

Reaction score
Here are a few more pics that I took yesterday. Sorry for the quality, they were taken with my cell phone in the shop at my work. I just got done installing some Enkei wheels and detailing my Libby. I really like the way it came out.

Deliscious!!!

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hot looking wheels there Idaho. I too was a wee bit afraid when I read the Enkei wheel thing in the title. I was going to make a crack about Eibach springs to follow. I stand corrected. Nice rig dude.

Diggerfreek

Reaction score
Ok, doing the ram like that is just plain SWEET!
The KK looks good :cool:

Last edited:

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the Dodge 3500? It is a warranty job, covered by the 5 year, 100,000 mile Cummins warranty. Total for a long block with 6 injectors, including labor, is around $13,500 warranty cost.
If the job were customer pay, the total would be around $15,500.

This is why I would never own a diesel that was out of warranty. I couldn't afford to fix it if it ever broke. Everything on the Cummins is extremely expensive.

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some better quality pics that I took today.

Diggerfreek

Reaction score
On the Dodge 3500? It is a warranty job, covered by the 5 year, 100,000 mile Cummins warranty. Total for a long block with 6 injectors, including labor, is around $13,500 warranty cost.
If the job were customer pay, the total would be around $15,500.

This is why I would never own a diesel that was out of warranty. I couldn't afford to fix it if it ever broke. Everything on the Cummins is extremely expensive.

Yikes :eek::eek:

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah no kidding. The warranty cost of a longblock(just the engine alone, no labor) for a Cummins is $8,900. If the customer has to pay for it, it runs about $9,500-$10,000. It's ridiculous.

Diggerfreek

Reaction score
WTH! How can they chare more for the engine than what the customer originally bought it for. Back in 05 when we my parents got their ram, it was a $5,555.00 dollar upgrade cost for the engine....

Would it not be cheaper to bore, sleeve, an add new pistons and injectors instead of a long block?

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know how or why they charge so much for them, but they do.

With this particular truck, the #1 bore is destroyed and cannot be bored oversized. Being that it is warranty, they will not let us sleeve them. We can't even do shortblocks anymore without prior authorization because the cost is more than 70% of doing a longblock, so Chrysler will have us install a longblock. Isn't the warranty game fun?:D

If the vehicle is out of warranty, and the bore is salvageable, we will bore it out and install oversize pistons. We do not sleeve engines at all because nobody that sleeves them will guarantee their work. So, if the sleeve fails, you are up s*** creek.