Pureolater air filter...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just got one today...made in China. WTH? I thought they were US only. Still fit perfectly, and boasts a 96.5% filter rate, but man, I wish it would've said where it was made on the package. Even the Fram ones are made in Mexico...

Anyway, I'm sure the quality is fine, but I wish it would've been marked better. I would've looked for something else otherwise. :yawn:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have used the Purolator air filters too. I wish more stuff was made in the USA so there would be more jobs here. I think the last air filter I put in was from NAPA. Not sure where it was made now.

I did a couple of brake jobs recently and the rotors were made in China. Not sure where the pads were made now. If I had a choice I would prefer to buy stuff made in the USA to keep more Americans employed. And you have to hunt all over the package to see where it's made. A lot of auto parts are made in Mexico as well as China.

Dave

ken270741

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put a fram one in last night.....made in canada at least, i will take that over china anyday. I look at almost everything i buy where its made and will spend the extra cash if i can get it made in the usa! We all need to do this and not buy chinese crap.
Put some cheap napa brake bads on my wifes truck last month before i traded it in.....once i got the boxes home and looked.....made in china.......bummed out about napa stuff made in china now......i will have to look more carefully when i do the jeeps brakes soon.

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the "made in USA" loyalty. It preserves more than just American jobs. It saves fuel, shipping and materials costs as well. Not to mention the political implications of allowing the Chinese economy to overtake us (too late really, but we need to be more independent as a nation.)

I'm doing brake pads all around soon as well... any USA-made recommendations?

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The napa rotors you need to watch. Some are made in china while others are made in the US. Guess which ones are better? I will never put rotors on my Jeep that are from China.

mmc757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The napa rotors you need to watch. Some are made in china while others are made in the US. Guess which ones are better? I will never put rotors on my Jeep that are from China.

All rotors are made in China. There are a few companies that purchase the chinese rotor blanks and do the final machining here, but the original source is always China.
Precious few pads are American made http://www.usstuff.com/brkpdsds.htm

nzoliver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used the Purolator air filters too. I wish more stuff was made in the USA so there would be more jobs here. I think the last air filter I put in was from NAPA. Not sure where it was made now.

I did a couple of brake jobs recently and the rotors were made in China. Not sure where the pads were made now. If I had a choice I would prefer to buy stuff made in the USA to keep more Americans employed. And you have to hunt all over the package to see where it's made. A lot of auto parts are made in Mexico as well as China.

Dave

Hi,

Have seen way too many of the Chinese rotors collapse here. They are not marked with any safety standards as a rule and they have broken in everything from Land Rovers to Nissan Sentras. :favorites68:

I found Brembos made in Italy with all the correct E markings etc for not much more. I also found TRW Lucas pads (TRW brakes are what my KJ has).:smokin:

Just my 10c:shrug:

Oliver

Last edited: