Projector Light Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArcsandSparks

Reaction score
6/29/12- I ordered a Morimoto Mini H1 Bi-Xenon Projector Light kit from TRS.

With that kit I got my choice of shrouds, angel eyes, bulbs, ballasts, and re-sealing glue.

I went with xB Led angel eyes, Mini Graphite shrouds, I got a set of 5000k bulbs, and a set of 6000k (just in case the 6k's are too blue), Morimoto 3five ballasts and the 9007 adapter plate.

Everything arrived on the 2nd of July (the xB Led's were on backorder).

I drive my KJ daily, so I'm holding off until this Sunday to do the retrofit, I'll be sure to take some pictures along the way.

I'll be painting the shrouds (which are translucent gray right now) either matte black or a metallic silver to match my KJ. The reflector housing will be painted matte black, so I don't get any glare.

The hardest part of this whole setup is cracking open the headlights, I've been told that 265 degrees F for 7 minutes on the lowest rack of an oven will work, if anyone has any input feel free to message me or leave it here in the thread.

Wish me luck!