Problems Starting My Liberty '06

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miguel

Reaction score
I'm having trouble starting my liberty, when i press the clutch to strat the engine its very hard to find the right spot to stop pressing so it would start, i have to keep pressing it to different heights till i finally get it done; does anyone know if it's an accesible switch or something behind the clutch or else?

Thanks, please HEEEEELP!!!!!

Miguel

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried just pushing the clutch "all" the way down everytime you start, instead of trying to find the "right spot"?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having trouble starting my liberty, when i press the clutch to strat the engine its very hard to find the right spot to stop pressing so it would start, i have to keep pressing it to different heights till i finally get it done; does anyone know if it's an accesible switch or something behind the clutch or else?

Thanks, please HEEEEELP!!!!!

Miguel
That would be the nutraul safety switch that is mounted on the clutch pedel is going bad.It needs to be readjusted or replaced,they are easy to replace and are not that expensive.

2003KJ

Reaction score
That would be the nutraul safety switch that is mounted on the clutch pedel is going bad.It needs to be readjusted or replaced,they are easy to replace and are not that expensive.

I didn't think a manual ****** had a NSS on it...:confused:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't think a manual ****** had a NSS on it...:confused:

They didn't used to....In the old days we just left it in gear and turned the key and gave it pleanty of skinny pedal. Instant launch. No clutch or brake required.

Dave

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh, I was always taught to push the pedal alllllll the way to the floor. No issues like that.

Yea, tjkj already figured it out. It's either the neutral safety switch, or the clutch pedal is not alllll the way to the floor.

Dave

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Yea, tjkj already figured it out. It's either the neutral safety switch, or the clutch pedal is not alllll the way to the floor.

Dave

Neutral Safety Switch, more like Clutch Pedal Interlock Switch. That sounds more.... accurate. or even Clutch Safety Switch.

Either way, clutch to the floor, engine starts each time.

Miguel

Reaction score
Thanks Guys

Ok i'll go for 4lo gear, i've tried everything else, like pushing it allllll the way down, or just a little bit with no luck, sometimes it works pushing it all the way down, sometimes just a little, sometimes just to the mid point and sometimes i rather push it :mad: !!!!!

Thanks for the part number also!!! hope its the same one here in my country

Miguel

Latest posts

Members online