Problems starting cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shelbydz

Reaction score
So, I think I got my cold start problem fixed.
I got a new battery. The thing fires right up in single-digit weather. If I let it idle for 5 - 10 minutes in the morning, then I have no problems driving to work.

Thanks for all the help.

Michael Noland

Reaction score
It's not exactly the same problem, but the filter housing on my 05 CRD leaked, which would cause stalls. One I replaced that, the problem was solved. Years later, I have a stalling when cold problem.

daves06lrenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just posted a reply to a Jeep CRD owner in Scotland with won't start when hot...
Check your temperature gauge when hot to see if it reads about 1/2 way (+or-) a little...
You may have a bad temperature sensor telling the ECM the and giving the engine air/fuel mixture...
Seen this in other makes and models of gas/diesel cars... Try a small squirt of starting fluid into the throttle body when the car is warm/hot ... if it starts it is pointing to the wrong air/fuel mixture...
The temperature sensor probably feeds the gauge and also the ECM and if bad can cause this problem...
Dave

Members online

No members online now.